Friday, January 9, 2015

New House Files: The Dining Room

So now that things are in gear with the new house, I have to get my game face on and start figuring out what this place is going to look like. How I want it to feel. It makes me excited and super anxious at the same time. We have a fast completion time, we hope to be in by end of August/early September. I'll obviously post actual photos of the house as it comes along, but now it's just a dirt pile and no one really wants to see that.

BUT I have pretty much nailed down the dining room. Again, it makes me excited and super anxious at the same time. This baby is going dark green. With a wall of built-in bookcases. And black cane chairs with velvet leopard seats. And a crystal chandelier. It's bringing the drama with a capital D.

Here are my inspiration images….

I have been obsessed with Tory Burch's living room since I saw it in House Beautiful a few years ago. I love how her blue and white porcelain sings against those green walls. I think my little collection of blue and white (obviously not Ming, because, well, I'm not Tory Burch) will be right at home in a green dining room.

Tory Burch's sitting room with the tortoiseshell cocktail table now replaced by a stunning Yves Klein plexiglass one filled with gold leaf.


THIS!!! but slightly more blue in the green... and maybe a bit more space b/w the top of bookshelves and crown molding! www.fromtherightbank.com
bookshelves





The dining room at Mount Vernon. Martha had great taste.


And here is the design board I put together.



The marble floor is a maybe. It would be a continuation from the entry. The pattern is pretty straightforward, it's just 12x12 white tiles and 6x6 black tiles laid out in a semi checkerboard. I don't know…too much marble? Should I just go wood like the rest of the downstairs and throw in a badass rug? Is there such a thing as too much marble? Do I even have enough in the budget to do it? Is this too many questions?



No comments:

Post a Comment